Friday, July 10, 2009

I Have A Dream To Reach

When I was a little kid, I have always dreamed to be a doctor. This is because at that time I have the mindset that doctors are very cool and I simply wanted to be one of them. Then, when I had got into primary school, the ambition of being a doctor was still in me. But, somehow I just didn’t know the path to be a doctor. The saddest thing was, I don’t even like to study no matter how hard did my parents forced and persuaded me. I have forgotten how many tuition centers that I have visited and the time that I have promised my parents to get at least 5 As in UPSR. But in the end, I have got a terrific and ridiculous result for it. I was so doomed at that moment, helpless and regret has filled up the entire atmosphere. And, besides that I can sense that my parents’ hearts have been sliced into pieces, heart ached and cried in tremendous pain. Moreover, the only great ambition which is in me was also drowned into the ocean of Pacific along with the result. My dream had ended, I whispered to myself.

From then, the naughty child has turned to an evil teenage. When I came to the secondary school in the year of 2001, I have been placed into the second class from the tail, a class that composed of varieties of students. I have been looked down by some of my friends, and among them was my own buddy. Though it was hurt and never felt good, I was still a lazy chap, never completed my homework and always get punished. And I’m still missing those days when we were asked to squad at the balcony to finish up the homework. But, I hated myself for the entire year, the year of darkness and blind folded. I hated myself for being looked down and discriminated. I hated myself because the teachers never listen to us but to the ‘good’ students. I hated myself because we are always mocked and become jokes by the ‘good’ students, teachers and seniors. I hated myself because we were always being known as the ‘bad’ side. Thus, since then I have chosen to be ‘bad’ instead of ‘good’, because I will never be the ‘good’ or should be I didn’t even want to be good.

I learned to be humble from their sight. I learned to be strong under their laughter. I learned to be patience in their mocking. And I learned the meant of dignity under their arrogant. Today, on my shoulders, there are dozens of medical books. I’m not proud because I’m in med school. I’m not proud because I’ve regained back my very own ambition and able to realize my dream, but I just wanted to thank God who has positioned me into those hard times. If not I’m still the chap that always get punished in my entire life.

‘No more regrets, and never say it’

A true story grabbed from a medical student…

1 comment:

karen said...

ooooooooooooohh gosh~~ I am so shocked with this post. doesnt sound like you at all!!! 5A's in upsr? WHAT DID YOU GET HUH?? i rmr we had this conversation over a plate of cha kueh last week. WAKAKA!!! should be proud that you have walked a route that has a significant story and morale of life. like the post. you sure be A COOL DOC!!! proud of you just like mum and dad=)